Mission and Vision
Historyback to top
On February 14, 2013 a team of family, friends, and colleagues came together to start Testimonies of Hope: The Intercultural Christian Devotional Website. They noticed the need for a safe online community where Christians from different cultures, countries, and languages could come and share their experiences of suffering, healing and restoration in order to encourage each other.
Mission Statementback to top
Testimonies of Hope brings people together from different cultures and languages to create and share Christian devotional writings and faith-based art encouraging healing, restoration, hope, and faith in Jesus Christ.
Create. Share. Encourage. Witness.
Create Devotionals and Faith Based Art
Encourage Faith in Jesus Christ
Witness Healing and Restoration
Vision Statementback to top
Together, Christians in intentional online community from around the world will share testimonies, faith-based art, and witness about suffering, healing, and restoration to encourage each other and nurture hope. This will help foster and strengthen the unwavering hope that comes from being in community and having a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who has promised is faithful. And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10: 23-25 (NRSV)
Statement of Faithback to top
Testimonies of Hope believes:
- There is one living God. There are three persons who are one: Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. John 14:26
- Jesus was crucified, dead and buried. On the third day he arouse from the dead. He ascended into heaven where he now sits on the thrown. Jesus Christ will return. Acts 1:11
- Peace with God comes through one’s relationship with Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1
- The Bible is the word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1: 20-21
- God loves everyone. God is Love. John 4:16
- Believers share their light on earth so that God can be praised. Matthew 5:16
Language & Cultureback to top
Testimonies of Hope appreciates the beauty of culture and language. Regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, language, and culture Christians are all one in Christ Jesus. Through an intercultural and multilingual lens Hope Writers and Hope Artists create, share, encourage, and witness to each other by using devotionals and faith based art in intentional online Christian community.
- After this I looked, and there was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, robed in white, with palm branches in their hands. They cried out in a loud voice, saying, Salvation belongs to our God who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb! Revelation 7: 9-10 (NRSV)
- There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3: 28 (NRSV)